Lease Specialist - Corning, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Lease Specialist to work on a team at our client site Corning, NY. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
The objective of this position is to manage a well-defined, well-documented process to ensure that lease administration and lease accounting expectations and objectives are met and to drive efficient and effective lease management across the enterprise including operations, accounting and reporting. Manage and oversee the integrity and quality of all aspects of the lease accounting and lease administration functions for real estate leases. This role will manage the leases across the enterprise including support for the accounting decisions on a lease-by-lease basis.
Specific duties include:
Effectively partner with the portfolio managers, the outsourced provider of lease admin services, and other professional resources, ensuring seamless communication, coordination, high quality outputs and overall high team performance.
• Ensure strong, collaborative relationships within the group, both internally with other real estate sub-functions and externally with client partners to consistently elevate the quality of thinking and ideas applied to the client business.
• Answer high volume of lease inquiries from multiple customers on a daily basis
• Prepare the requisition for payment on the lease payments working with Cornings service provider including financial reconciliation
• Ensure documentation for lease transactions is entered into Manhattan system and reflected accurately
• Prepare various real estate reports from the Manhattan system
• Administer the lease accounting function and support the technical accounting/business unit finance teams; which includes lease analysis/abstraction, journal entries, account/payment reconciliations and footnote disclosures.
• Ensure internal controls and procedures comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for all lease accounting related processes.
• Collaborate to ensure all leases are captured for system and accounting purposes.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• B.S. Degree in Accounting, Business, Real estate or Finance or equivalent demonstrated experience.
• 3 years lease management experience and well-developed accounting, controls and supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of Lease Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB and SOX compliance.
• Demonstrated understanding of lessor and lessee leases.
• Demonstrated ability to document a broad range of accounting issues in work papers, disclosures and memos.
• Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, are mandatory, as well as a sound understanding of project management and scheduling.
• Demonstrated use of technology to improve process including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Manhattan, SAP/PeopleSoft.
• Experience in financial statement preparation and analysis
• Lease accounting standard a plus
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Lease Specialist
Location: Corning, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 364174
Posted Date: 4/16/2019